Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 60, WOW! My response (in poetry) to Hosea 6:1-3

So I've established I am a TOTAL nerd. I like to write poems about the scriptures I read, as if you needed more evidence... Today's read was a random, flip to Hosea 6:3 "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord, His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and he will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." Praying today that heart surgery for my BFF Tara tomorrow is indeed a spring rain :)

Waiting for the Rain

It's the waiting
waiting for the rain
this is when we need
you most, fear you most,
feel you most.

The drooping sky
our consequence and our salvation
all rolled into the thunder,
the static of the storm.

And though we fear
the wind may break
our brittle bones
we solicit the rain,
our thirsty souls
ready to be quenched.



No comments: