Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 93, I don't wanna!

Here is your poem Eileen. Thanks for the opener :) When I read your line I instantly thought of all the stuff I don't want to do but then that made me think about how childish I get and how eager we all are to go without, disobey, just to have our freedom, just to do what we "want" for a minute. That led me to think about who is taking care of me and who I give a hard time to and why they don't give up on me.

I Don't Wanna

Finish your food
I don't wanna!
Clean your room
I don't wanna!
Go do your homework.
I don't wanna!

We sigh collectively,
perturbed at the resistance
of a little soul so ready
to be independent, so ready to 
make their own mistakes. 
They want us to let them go, but
We. Do. Not. Want. To.
We don't wanna!





No comments: