Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 100, so 100 is the theme of my poem!

I can't believe I've been doing this for 100 days! Only 265 more to go and that doesn't intimidate me at all... [eyes dart side to side] I'm learning that it is okay to cry and maybe that I have been avoiding it. 

A Hundred Ways to Cry

When someone dies
when someone cries
when you hurt yourself
and no one tries to help you
newborn eyes
sleepy sighs
fear of someone leaving
frustration when they don't
a mean thing said
a hard thing heard
a sleazy line
a dirty word
a golden band
secured on hands
paper thin with age
laughter unobscured
hallmark
hormones
testosterone
ego
letting go
victory
defeat
unable to eat
unable to sleep
your child's first day of school
your child's last day of school
the glow of a Christmas tree
a timely compliment
tears brimming up and spilling over
red rimmed eyes fatigued
or gently falling from the crinkles of a smile
there's a hundred ways to cry
and I haven't lived till I've cried them all.


No comments: