Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 74, Time has never been on my side...

Watching the World Series (I say this with the loudest possible virtual sigh) I got to thinking... I am older than almost all of those baseball players, I am retirement age for a baseball player. It goes by fast. It seems like yesterday I was living in an apartment complex surrounded by college ball players. We were all young and now, well, we are not as young. Those players are hitting the end of their careers!

Waterfall

The waterfall of time
surges past me
forcing me to swim inside it's current
or watch it all pass by
and today I am all
out of breath
trying to stay afloat
because I hear the roar
of it, that ceaseless
current of day after day
and I don't want to miss it all.
The tug of fear that drags
me nearest to the fall is
my most precious enemy.

Psalm 42:7

Deep calls to deep
   in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
   have swept over me.