Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Frumpy Soul

No worries, had a frumpy day. I fear writing something like this and people feeling the need to cheer me up. I'm totally okay, just down and overtired. All is well but it had me thinking about how we all find ourselves in this spot, frumpy, wrinkled soul...

Frumpy Soul

Don't try to iron out
the divine. Leave it be, let it
rest. So I can't conjure up
my dreams, so what?

I'm wide awake and
fast asleep at the same time.
I've never felt more and seen less.
Or maybe I've never seen more and felt less...

In some great and good divinity lies
my purpose, some plan but I just
chase the cheese, that's all I know today. 

My ecclesiastical ego is deflated.

I don't have it down you see.
I don't "get it" at all. Some days I do
feel quite divine but that's not this day.
Oh for a good nights rest and a fresh sunrise
that would sustain me, that would refresh
the frumpy soul that lingers unwelcome.

No comments: