Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 176, abderian and serenity

... today is abderian and serenity? Thank you Stacey for stumping me and Stefani for your sweet word! ;)

The day was inundated with triviality
it left me feeling futile, overwhelmed
the to-do-list a zealous kudzu vine
its roots strangling joy from my hours
I'm a discombobulated disaster
Like Punxatawney Phil yanked from his hole
just to fulfill irrelevant lore
but then there is his smile
an instant episiotomy on a too tight heart
a small infant joy given breath
He is my apothecary, slow moving
and gentle, he doles out his liquid kindness,
his subtle warmth, and I am healed.
The wicked day pales.  I suddenly see
the verisimilitude of this moment.
The easy truth of tenderness.
The bitter flavour of my superfluous
aggravation sweetened by one
surreptitiously shy of being recognized
His 
plethora of goodness a private prize
a visible 
discomfiture arising with my praise
this medicine is my invisible saviour

He's not an abderian soul but serenity
flows from his veins, he knows how to sit
and be, and sit and be with me.

No comments: